Seafood and beer make for a perfect pairing, and this recipe combines the two forces to create an irresistible dish! These Beer Glazed Scallops by Derek Wolf from Over the Fire Cooking are the perfect dish for when you’re missing the beach this winter season. Happy grilling!
Cowboy’s Beer Glazed Scallops
Yields: 1-2 servings
Cook: 25 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
• 10-15 fresh scallops
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
• 2 tablespoons of butter
• 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
• 1 tablespoon of bacon, finely cut
• 1/4 cup of parsley, finely chopped
• 1/3 of your favorite 12oz beer, preferably a lager
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Using Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal, light fire and let burn for 15-20 minutes. Once charcoal is white hot, evenly disperse around grill
• About 10-15 minutes before cooking, place a cast iron skillet on top of charcoal to preheat
• Season scallops with olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, salt & pepper
• Add butter, minced garlic and bacon to cast iron 2 minutes before cooking scallops.
• Place scallops in skillet and let cook for 2 minutes on the first side. Flip scallops and pour in beer. Let simmer in beer for another 2 minutes.
• Sprinkle parsley on top, serve and enjoy!
Please follow and like us: