Get the party poppin’ this weekend with this recipe for Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers from Derek Wolf with Over the Fire Cooking! Filled with gooey cream cheese and wrapped in bacon, this delicious appetizer is super easy to make and will be sure to have your guests wanting more.
Try out this recipe and let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
Grilled Bacon Wrapped BBQ Jalapeno Poppers
Yields: 4 servings
Cook: 20 minutes
Prep: 25 minutes
• 8-10 full jalapenos
• 1 bottle of Cowboy Hickory Smoke BBQ Sauce
• 1/2 cup cream cheese
• 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
• 8-10 slices bacon
• 8-10 tooth picks
• 1 cup Cowboy® Hickory Wood Chunks
• Light Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal in charcoal chimney and let burn for 10-15 minutes
• Spread hot coals over grilling area while placing a handful of Cowboy Hickory Wood Chunks on top and preheat grill for approximately 10 minutes
• Soak toothpicks in water to prevent burning
• In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and sharp cheddar thoroughly
• Cut top off jalapenos and scrap all of the seeds
• Stuff jalapenos with cheese mixture
• Wrap one slice of bacon around each stuffed jalapeno tightly, securing in place with a toothpick
• Place over direct heat on the grill and cook for 7 minutes per side, or until bacon is crisp
• Remove from grill and brush each jalapeno with Cowboy Hickory Smoke BBQ Sauce on top
• Arrange on serving dish and enjoy!
Please follow and like us: