Calling all burger lovers! This BBQ Bison burger by Derek Wolf from Over the Fire Cooking, is about to knock your Cowboy boots off. Topped with jalapenos, gooey Havarti cheese, and our own Cowboy Hickory BBQ Sauce, this burger creates a one-of-a-kind flavor explosion! What are you waiting for?!
BBQ Bison Burgers
Yields: 2-4 servings
Cook: 15 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
• 1 pound of ground bison
• Sliced Havarti cheese
• 2 fresh jalapenos
• Brioche hamburger buns
• 1/2 tablespoon of chili powder
• 1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• Cowboy Hickory BBQ Sauce
• (Optional): Fresh cut white onions
• Light the Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal in a charcoal chimney or mound inside your grill and let burn for 10-15 minutes. (Optional) Add 3-4 small pieces of hickory wood to the top of the charcoal for added flavor!
• Split the 1 pound of ground bison in half and form into patties
• Season the burgers with chili powder, garlic powder, salt & pepper
• When fire is at a nice medium to medium high heat, place bison patties and jalapenos on grill grate. Let both the bison and jalapenos cook for 4-5 minutes per side
• Place Havarti cheese on top of bison burgers about 2 minutes before they are done
• When done, pull burgers & jalapenos off. Make sure to slice jalapenos
• Place burgers on bun with jalapenos on top, then drizzle on some Cowboy Hickory BBQ Sauce
• Serve and enjoy!
Please follow and like us: