Here at Cowboy, we love to prepare our favorite sandwich classics on the grill. Our Grilled BLT Sandwich combines grilled bacon, crisp lettuce and fresh tomatoes with Cowboy’s homemade chipotle aioli to create the ultimate toasted sandwich. To take it to the next level, consider visiting your local farmer’s market for delicious, farm fresh veggies that will enhance your grilled creation.
Do you have a favorite BLT sandwich recipe? Share with us in the comments below!
For this recipe, we recommend using a pie tin to prevent bacon from falling through the grill grates and to prevent flare ups from the drippings. Check out more pie tin tricks and tips from the winner of the first annual Cowboy® Charcoal Fire & Ice Women’s Championship, Jayna Todisco!
Cowboy’s Grilled BLT Sandwich
Yields: 4 servings
Cook: 30 minutes
Prep: 25 minutes
Chipotle Aioli Ingredients:
• 1 cup mayonnaise
• 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 teaspoons lime juice
• 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
• 1/2 pound sliced pepper bacon
• 4 iceberg lettuce leaves
• 4 tablespoons butter
• 8 slices sourdough bread
• 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
• 8 ounces pepper jack cheese
• For the chipotle aioli, combine mayonnaise, chives, garlic, lime juice and chipotle powder in a small bowl
• Stir to combine then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving
• Light Cowboy® Hardwood Lump Charcoal in charcoal chimney and let burn for 10-15 minutes
• Spread hot coals over grilling area and preheat grill for approximately 10 minutes
• Place bacon strips into a pie tin and place on grill over direct heat
• Cook for 10-15 minutes, flipping once
• Remove bacon from grill and set aside for later use
• Spread chipotle aioli on one side of bread slices
• Place two slices of bacon, a leaf of lettuce, several tomato slices and two pieces of cheese on top of aioli
• Top with other slice of bread so that bacon, lettuce, tomato, cheese and chipotle aioli are in the middle
• Place sandwich on grill over direct heat
• Cook sandwich for 3-5 minutes, flipping once
• Remove from grill and enjoy!