With Thanksgiving just around the corner, it’s time to start planning what you’ll be cooking on the food-filled holiday. Change up your traditional Thanksgiving menu with this recipe for Grilled Brown Sugar Acorn Squash. This recipe encompasses the best flavors of fall, and is sure to be a hit at your gathering. Enjoy!
Grilled Brown Sugar Acorn Squash
Yield: 4 servings
Cook: 30 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
• 2 medium acorn squash
• 3 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 4 tablespoons brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
• 2 large garlic cloves, minced
• 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
• Salt, to taste
• Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
• Remove butter from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature
• Light Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal in a charcoal chimney and let burn for 10-15 minutes
• Spread hot coals over grill and preheat for approximately 10 minutes
• In a small bowl, combine softened butter, brown sugar, mustard, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
• Cut acorn squash in half from stem to tip. Scrape out seeds and strings inside center of squash using a spoon, until the squash is smooth and clean
• Pour the butter mixture into each of the halves, and spread around until the insides of the squash are evenly coated throughout. Sprinkle in pecans. Wrap each half tightly in foil so they are completely covered
• Place squashes on grill over direct medium heat. Cook for 30 minutes, flipping once
• Remove from grill and let cool. Uncover squashes, serve and enjoy!