Did you know that you can make salads on the grill? Using the grill is the perfect way to spice up traditional salads to create more intense and smoky flavors. This Grilled Caesar Salad can be made as a main course for two with added grilled chicken or can be split into 2-4 servings as a perfect appetizer.
Caesar Salad on the Grill
Yield: 2-4 servings (serves two as a full meal, serves 4 as an appetizer)
Cook: 3 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan
- 1 large romaine heart
- 1/2 baguette, halved lengthwise
- Light Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal in a charcoal chimney and let burn for 10-15 minutes
- Spread hot coals over one side of grill and preheat grill for approximately 10 minutes
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, mayonnaise, Worcestershire, lemon, garlic and parmesan. Add in salt and pepper to taste
- Cut romaine in half, lengthwise. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside. Brush baguette with olive oil on cut side
- Place romaine and break cut side-down on grill for 1 to 2 minutes. Grill until lettuce is charred, but not wilted. Remove both from grill and let cool
- Break baguette into smaller pieces to create croutons. If serving for two people, serve romaine hearts whole, crumble croutons on top, and drizzle on dressing. If serving 4-6 people, cut romaine into smaller pieces and serve on plates or in bowls with toppings.
- Serve and enjoy!
Please follow and like us: