There is something special about skewered meat over the fire… it’s the perfect meal! Meat, spices, and veggies all in one piece makes it the ideal way to make dinner.
Check out these Chicken Teriyaki Skewers by Derek Wolf from Over the Fire Cooking. Add some veggies, eggs and rice into a skillet right next to it to create an amazing fried rice dish!
Yield: 1-2 servings
Cook: 25 minutes
Prep: 20 minutes
• 4 boneless chicken thighs (cubed)
• 1 green bell pepper (cubed)
• 1 red onion (cubed)
• 1 cup teriyaki sauce
• 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
• 1 tablespoon garlic powder
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• Salt to taste
• In a bowl, mix the teriyaki sauce, garlic powder, lemon juice and salt. Add chicken and mix thoroughly. Place in refrigerator for 24 hours
• When ready to cook, use some Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal to light fire and let burn for 15-20 minutes. Once charcoal is white hot, evenly disperse around grill
• Place chicken, green bell peppers and onions on skewers. Make sure to alternate in order to get variety, and leave room at end of skewer in order to flip easily
• When grill is ready, place on top and let cook until chicken is done (around 15-20 minutes). Flip skewers half way through
• Pull off grill and sprinkle sesame seeds on top for added flavor
• Serve and enjoy!
Please follow and like us: