Are you throwing a party for Big Game?! We have the perfect finger licking snack for the biggest day in football. Try out these Tequila Lime Wings from Derek Wolf at Over the Fire Cooking. No matter if your team wins or loses, these wings are sure to be a hit! Enjoy!
Tequila Lime Wings
Yield: 1-2 servings
Cook: 1 hour
Prep: 25 minutes
• 1 pound Wingettes
• 1/4 cup of tequila
• 2 tablespoons agave nectar
• 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
• 1 tablespoon chili flakes
• 1 tablespoon cumin
• 2 fresh limes, juiced
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• In a plastic bag, mix tequila, agave nectar, ancho chili powder, chili flakes, cumin, salt, pepper and lime juice. Add wings to bag and mix thoroughly. Place in refrigerator for 4-6 hours.
• Using some Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal, light fire and let burn for 15-20 minutes. Add 3-4 pieces of apple wood to the top of the fire every 30 minutes for added flavor.
• When grills reach medium heat, rake coals to one side of grilling area and place wings on opposite side. (Optional) Do not throw away tequila lime brine.
• Grill wings for 20-25 minutes flipping around the 10-12 minute mark. Wings are ready when internal temperature is at 165F.
• (Optional) In a separate pan, pour in tequila lime brine and let simmer over fire for 10 minutes. Toss wings in brine, serve & enjoy!
Please follow and like us: