Cowboy has a delicious recipe for Zesty Lemon-Shallot Grilled Clams that make a perfect entrée or side-dish depending on the size of your appetite. These flavorful clams take just a few minutes to prepare and are a great addition to your grill menu this season!
One thing to note is the lemon-shallot butter can be made up to four days in advance of grilling the clams. If you prepare it in advance, remove from the refrigerator and allow the butter to come to room temperature before serving alongside the grilled clams.
Cowboy’s Grilled Clams with Zesty Lemon-Shallot Butter
Yields: 4 servings
Cook: 10 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
• 4 pounds littleneck clams
• 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
• 1 shallot, chopped finely
• 2 tablespoons chives, minced
• 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• Wash clams under running water to remove any grit from the shells
• Mix butter, shallot, chives and lemon juice in a small bowl until well blended
• Season with salt and pepper and set aside for later use
• Light Cowboy® Hardwood Lump Charcoal in charcoal chimney and let burn for 10-15 minutes
• Spread hot coals over grilling area and preheat grill for approximately 10 minutes
• Place clams directly on the grill and allow to cook just until clams open, about 8-10 minutes
• Using tongs, carefully remove each clam from the grill, being careful to keep as much clam juice in the shells as possible
• Transfer cooked clams to a large serving platter and top each clam with desired amount of lemon-shallot butter
• Top with parsley and serve!
Please follow and like us: