The countdown to Christmas is here! Need to change up your typical ham preparation? Try out this recipe for Cranberry Glazed Holiday Ham! This glaze is simple to make and incorporates the delicious flavors of the season. Happy holidays from all of us here at Cowboy Charcoal!
For an additional ham recipe, check out our Honey Glazed Smoked Ham!
Grilled Cranberry Glazed Holiday Ham
Yields: 12-18 servings
Cook: 2.5 hours
Prep: 15 minutes
• 1 can (14 ounces) cranberry sauce
• 1/2 cup maple syrup
• 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
• 1 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
• 1 (12 to 14-pound) fully cooked ham
• Light Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal in a charcoal chimney and let burn for 10-15 minutes
• Spread hot coals over one side of grill and preheat grill for approximately 10 minutes
• Trim any excess fat off ham, leaving 1/4-inch of fat left. Place on large baking sheet
• In a small saucepan, whisk together cranberry sauce, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar and ground mustard. Remove from heat when evenly stirred through. Brush a generous amount of glaze to cover ham completely
• Once grill is ready, place the baking sheet with the ham on the grill over indirect heat. Cover, and cook for 2 hours, adding lump charcoal as needed
• After two hours, remove lid and brush a second coating of glaze on ham. Cover again and cook for additional 30 minutes, brushing with glaze every 10 minutes.
• Remove from grill and move to serving platter. Let rest for 30 minutes. Carve, serve and enjoy your holidays!
Please follow and like us: