Happy New Year from Cowboy Charcoal! A new year calls for cleaning, organizing and feeling refreshed to tackle the year ahead. This year, make a resolution to treat your grill right and make your foods delicious with our annual grilling tips and tricks!
Cowboy’s Grilling Tips
- Preheat your grill. Always preheat your grill for at least 10-15 minutes before cooking. By allowing the grill to warm up, you’ll avoid fluctuating temperatures and have the most control over what you’re grilling.
- Marinate your meat before grilling. When marinating your meat, allow it to soak for at least 45 minutes – it’s worth the wait!
- Clean your grill grates. For great tasting food, clean your grill grates before and after each use. Heat the grill for 5-10 minutes, then use a grill brush to scrape off any remains.
- Add some smoke! Wood chips are a great way to add a delicate, smoky flavor to your grilled foods. Soak wood chips for at least 30 minutes and add to hot coals.
- Close the side vents. To reduce heat or slow down cooking time, slightly close the side vents. You can increase the temperature by opening the side vents or adding more charcoal.
- Use tongs or a spatula to turn meat. When pierced by a fork, meat can lose flavorful juices and moistness.
- Flip meat once. To keep beef from drying out, flip just once, half-way through cooking time. Turning meat too often makes it lose its natural juices and flavors.
- Invest in a meat thermometer. No more cutting into your meats to check if it is done, a thermometer is the quickest way to know when your meat is fully cooked throughout the grilling process.
- Use a grill basket. With this grill accessory, you turn the basket instead of the food, keeping delicate ingredients intact and prevent them from falling through the grill. Grill baskets can accommodate a variety of food including vegetables, fish and even quesadillas.
- Let meat rest. Allow meat to rest for several minutes after grilling. Not only does it keep in the juices, but it will improve texture and tenderness.
Please follow and like us: