You know Jack Daniel’s for their infamously tasty whiskey in its iconic bottle and black label. While we’re no stranger to the whiskey, we also know JD for its annual BBQ competition held on-site at the distillery each October. What exactly does this “non-whiskey-related” Jack Daniel’s fun we speak of entail? Well, there’s still plenty of JD involved, but most importantly, it includes the country’s top barbecue teams and about 25,000 fans from around the world all there to celebrate one thing…Jack Daniel’s World Championship Invitational Barbecue.
Competitors competed for titles in 7 categories in either an invitational or amateur bracket:
– Pork Ribs Pork Shoulder
– Beef Brisket
– Cook’s Choice
– Jack Daniel’s Sauce
For the occasion, we’re sharing our JD Butter is Betta’ recipe – because Jack, in spreadable form, is just too good to resist, and we want you to live life to the fullest.
Cowboy’s Jacked Up Butter
A pat of this butter on top of a hot, Cowboy-seared steak or on French Toast adds the perfect kick to your flavor palette.
– 2 sticks of unsalted butter at room temperature
– 2 shots of Jack Daniel’s
– 1 tablespoon garlic, finely minced
– 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
– 1 teaspoon salt
– White pepper to taste
– Combine all ingredients except for 1 shot of Jack, in a food processor (or use electric hand-mixer).
– Blend until smooth and slightly fluffy
– Slowly add in the rest of the whiskey and continue to mix (If consistency gets too runny, leave out the rest of the whiskey.)
– Once combined, place butter on a large sheet of wax paper in a sheet pan.
– Put the pan in the fridge until butter has firmed up slightly (about 15 minutes)
– Once firm, remove the sheet pan and roll the butter into a log using the wax paper
– Place the formed log back in the fridge until hard and firm.
– When ready to use, slice into rounds and enjoy!
Please follow and like us: