Introducing Pinwheel Skirt Steak from Derek Wolf at Over The Fire Cooking. This recipe is make with delicious steak, blue cheese and spinach all rolled together into one amazing dish! Cook this savory rolled meat over some hot Cowboy Charcoal at your next campfire! Sear it using your favorite cast iron pan plus butter to get an amazing crust.
Pinwheel Skirt Steak
Cook: 20 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
• 1 whole skirt steak (cut in half)
• 1 cup of spinach
• 1/2 cup of blue cheese crumbles
• 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
• 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
• Salt & Pepper (season to preference)
• Using some Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal, light fire and let burn for 15-20 minutes. Once charcoal is white hot, evenly disperse around grill
• About 10-15 minutes before cooking, place a cast iron skillet over fire to preheat
• Take both halves of the skirt steak and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder
• Place a layer of spinach on top of steaks (stay inside about 1/4in of the edge of the steak). Then layer with blue cheese crumbles
• Roll steak on top of the filling and then tie around steak with twine to prevent it from unrolling. Make sure to tie with two pieces of twine
• Cut rolled steak in half, making sure there is twine to prevent it from unrolling. Steak should be 2-3 inches thick like a Filet Mignon
• Add some unsalted butter to cast iron and let melt. Place steaks on skillet and let cook for about 6-8 minutes per side or until internal temperature is at 130F (medium rare).
• Let steaks rest for 5-10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Please follow and like us: