Today we are serving up the easiest grilled side dish that pairs perfectly with steaks, fish and just about any entrée! With only a few simple ingredients, these sweet and savory Brown Sugar Butter Onions will be on your dinner table in no-time!
Brown Sugar Butter Onions
Yield: 4-6 servings
Cook: 16 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
• 1-2 yellow onions, sliced into think rings
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 3 tablespoons butter
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• Aluminum foil
• Light Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal in a charcoal chimney and let burn for 10-15 minutes
• Spread hot coals over one side of grill and preheat grill for approximately 10 minutes
• Fold a large piece of aluminum foil in half. Curl up edges to create a tray for onions to grill on. Slice butter into smaller pieces and place throughout tray. Sprinkle brown sugar on tray and spread around evenly. Set on the side of your grill to be readily accessible
• Brush onion slices with oil and place directly on grill gates. Grill for 3-4 minutes each side
• Pick up onions with tongs and place on the foil tray. Place back on grill, mixing them in with the butter and brown sugar. Grill again for 3-4 minutes each side
• Remove from grill and let cool. Serve alone or alongside any main dish. We recommend alongside steak or salmon! Enjoy!
Check out our recipe for Teriyaki Grilled Salmon Steaks or our Coffee Rub Steak!
Please follow and like us: