Every year Cowboy looks to discover up and coming trends in grilling. One of our new favorites is the grilled cocktail. We’re pleased to share a series of refreshing, slightly smoky and uniquely tasty grilled cocktails.
This first recipe pays tribute to the sweet caramel flavor that comes from roasting the summer peach over the grill. It is the perfect libation to serve at any summer or early fall gathering – we like to think of it as the ultimate tailgate beverage . Incorporating the mint in this cocktail leaves the palette feeling refreshed and satisfied… well, only for a moment until you’re craving another sip.
Grilled Peach-Mint Tailgate Tea
• 25 ounces clear rum
• 3 to 4 fresh peaches
• 5 to 6 sprigs of mint (add more or less, depending on desired flavor)
• 1 cup lemon juice or 1/2 can of lemonade concentrate
• 2 tablespoons honey (if using lemonade concentrate, use 1 tablespoon of honey)
• 24 ounces brewed iced tea
• Coconut oil for oiling grill grates
Plan to make this drink 1 to 2 days before you’re planning to serve it.
• Slice peaches in half and brush with thin coating of coconut oil.
• Place on grill grates cut side down over for about 5 to 6 minutes or until peaches darken in color (caramelizing the natural sugars).
• Allow peaches to cool, then cut into small cubes.
• Put rum, peaches, honey and mint in a glass jar, and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 days.
• Shake or rotate the mixture 2 to 3 times per day.
• Once marinated, strain the mixture, then pour into desired serving container.
• Add iced tea and lemon juice or lemonade concentrate and serve over ice with a mint leaf garnish.
This drink is to be enjoyed only by individuals over the age of 21.
Please follow and like us: