Are you looking for the perfect steak this summer? Try Cowboy’s recipe for coffee rub ribeye steaks prepared over a bed of charcoal. These steaks offer a delicious combination of flavors that come from the bold coffee grounds and sweet brown sugar. Take the grill grate off and heat things up with this all natural charcoal coffee rub steak recipe!
Cowboy’s Charcoal Cooked Coffee Rub Ribeyes
Yields: 4 servings
Cook: 7-10 minutes
Prep: 5 minutes
• 2 tablespoons ground coffee
• 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
• 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
• 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard powder
• 3/4 teaspoons chili powder
• 4 ribeye steaks
• Mix all dry ingredients in a medium bowl to create coffee rub and set aside for later use
• Once coffee rub is done, cover steaks evenly and set aside
• Light Cowboy® Hardwood Lump Charcoal in charcoal chimney and let burn for 10-15 minutes
• Spread hot coals over grilling area and preheat grill for approximately 10 minutes
• Once coals are covered in white ash, use tongs to place steaks directly on top of the coals. Depending on preference, allow the steaks to cook for the following time:
o For Rare: Let the steaks cook for 3 minutes on the first side, and then flip to the other side for another 2 minutes
o For Medium Rare: Let the steaks cook for 3 minutes on the first side, and then flip to the other side for another 3 minutes
o For Medium: Let the steaks cook for 4 minutes on the first side, and then flip to the other side for another 3 minutes
• Take steaks off the coals, brush off any ash, and let rest for 2 minutes
• Cut steaks into thin strips. Option to drizzle with your favorite Cowboy® barbecue sauce.
• Serve and enjoy!
Please follow and like us: