BBQ Basics: Charcoal Types
- Made from a mixture of borax, limestone, sodium nitrate, starch, anthracite coal, lignite char, sawdust and wood char with starch and a moistening agent
- This mixture forms a paste that’s injected into briquet molds
- Instant light versions infuse the briquet with lighter fluid
- They are dried in an oven and then packaged
- Cowboy doesn’t offer standard briquets; instead Cowboy only offers charcoal made from organic, all natural materials
100% Natural Hardwood Briquets:
- Made from 100% natural hardwood charcoal pieces and vegetable starch as a binder
- This mixture is formed into briquet molds, dried and packaged.
- Natural Briquets burn hotter than standard briquets, delivering the high heat associated with lump charcoal
- They also usually burn longer than standard briquets
Try Cowboy Briquets.
- Made from various species of all natural hardwoods, such as Hickory, Oak or Mesquite Chunks
- Pieces of wood are slowly cooked in a high-heat environment to become carbonized wood
- Lump charcoal produces hotter grilling temperatures, imparting an authentic wood flavor to grilled foods
Try Cowboy Lump Charcoal.