We’ve got some simple and delicious new grilled drink recipes for our fellow grillers over 21. When the winter months start to set in, it’s easy to get chilled to the bone, especially when you’re grilling steaks during a snow blizzard! At that point, why not take your cocktails to the grill, too? This chilly season, we’re bringing you double the heat with these smooth, warm and smoke-infused cocktails.
Grilled Orange Bourbon Tea
Makes 1 Serving
- 1 cup of hot water
- 1 tea bag of black tea
- 1 shot bourbon
- 1 orange, halved plus separate sliced round for garnish
- 1 tablespoon honey, plus additional for brushing
- 1 cinnamon stick, optional
- Fill grill with Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal and light it.
- Using a brush, generously slather honey onto the fleshy portion of the orange halves and on both sides of the orange slice that you’re using for garnish.
- Once coals have ashed over, place orange slice and halves on the grill flesh-side down.
- After about 1 minute of grilling or when grill marks appear, flip the orange slice.
- Grill orange halves until grill marks appear (about 3-5 minutes) and remove from grill.
- In a large mug, add hot water and black tea bag. Steep for a few minutes, add honey and stir.
- Once orange halves are cool enough to handle, squeeze the juice into tea and honey mixture.
- Add bourbon shot and stir thoroughly.
- Add hot water and honey, continuing to stir until fully combined.
- Garnish with grilled orange slice and optional cinnamon stick. Enjoy!
Cowboy’s Gourmet Hot Cocoa
Makes 1 Serving
- 2 cups milk, hot
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened bakers chocolate
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 shot Kahlua liqueur
- 5 large marshmallows, roasted
- 1 candy cane, crushed
- Whipped cream, optional
- Skewer marshmallows on a large metal skewer and roast over lit coals until golden-brown (about 3-4 minutes). Remove from grill and set aside.
- Dip the rim of a large mug into water, then into the crushed candy cane.
- Add the Kahlua to the mug, and set aside.
- To make hot chocolate mix, combine milk, sugar, chocolate and nutmeg in medium-sized pot.
- Cook over medium-low heat until chocolate is melted and ingredients are well combined.
- In a food processor, combine the hot chocolate mixture and 4 roasted marshmallows (reserving 1 for garnish). Mix until smooth.
- Pour contents of the food processor into the candy cane-prepared mug.
- Garnish with final roasted marshmallow and optional whipped cream.
Please follow and like us: