We all love seafood and beer, right?
Whether you are at the beach or in your backyard, there is always a trend to pop open a cold one when eating any type of seafood.
Well this time, you should pour a little of your favorite brew into a skillet with some scallops.
This new recipe from Derek Wolf from Over The Fire Cooking for Beer Glazed Scallops is cooked in cast iron right on top of some hot Cowboy Charcoal. Your favorite seafood is seasoned with a lot of flavor and then lightly glazed inside the skillet with the beer of your choosing! They are ideal for your next cookout or when you are missing the beach this winter season!
Just be ready to get impressed with the delicious flavor inside this fire cooked dish!
Cowboy’s Beer Glazed Scallops
Yields: 1-2 servings
Cook: 25 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
• 10-15 fresh scallops
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
• 2 tablespoons of butter
• 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
• 1 tablespoon of bacon, finely cut
• 1/4 cup of parsley, finely chopped
• 1/3 of your favorite 12oz beer, preferably a lager
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Using Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal, light fire and let burn for 15-20 minutes. Once charcoal is white hot, evenly disperse around grill
• About 10-15 minutes before cooking, place a cast iron skillet on top of charcoal to preheat
• Season scallops with olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, salt & pepper
• Add butter, minced garlic and bacon to cast iron 2 minutes before cooking scallops.
• Place scallops in skillet and let cook for 2 minutes on the first side. Flip scallops and pour in beer. Let simmer in beer for another 2 minutes.
• Sprinkle parsley on top, serve and enjoy!
Please follow and like us: