We all know it’s true: most things are simply better with bacon. Check out this grilled snack recipe – for bacon wrapped dates. A perfect snack for game day or to bring as an appetizer!
Bacon Grilled Dates
Yield: 12-16 servings
Cook: 8 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
• 24 pitted dates
• 4 ounces gorgonzola or bleu cheese
• 8 slices of bacon
• Light Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal in a charcoal chimney and let burn for 15-20 minutes
• Spread hot coals over one side of grill and preheat grill for approximately 10 minutes. For more intense flavor, add some hickory or mesquite wood chicks on top of the charcoal
• Cut a thin slice into each date for stuffing. Pinch a marble-sized piece of cheese and stuff into center of the date
• Cut bacon strips into thirds so that each piece is slightly larger than the date. Wrap each date with a piece of bacon, securing it with a toothpick
• Lay a single sheet of foil (to prevent flare-ups) for direct grilling over your grill grates and arrange dates in a single layer
• Grill for about 6-8 minutes, flipping once, or until bacon starts to crisp
• Transfer grilled dates to a serving platter and let cool. Serve and enjoy!
Please follow and like us: