Who doesn’t love bacon and candy? Today we are combining the two favorites and are grilling up a sweet treat from one of our Fire & Ice Competitors, Tina Cannon. This Buffalo Bacon Candy is perfect to serve as a snack, an appetizer for a party, or even to fulfill your late night sweet tooth. Enjoy!
Yield: 8-10 servings
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
- 2 pounds of thick sliced black pepper bacon
- 1/4 cup wing sauce (Tina recommends Franks Wing Sauce)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- Option: 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to add spice)
- Light Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal in a charcoal chimney and let burn for 10-15 minutes
- Spread hot coals over one side of grill and preheat grill for approximately 10 minutes
- Mix brown sugar, wing sauce and cayenne pepper together in a small bowl
- Coat both sides of each piece of bacon with sauce and lay on a broiler or cooling rack that fits into a sheet pan lined with foil. Place in a hot smoker or BBQ grill
- Cook for about 15 minutes and then flip and brush with remaining sugar mixture; cook another 15 minutes or until bacon crisps up
- Let bacon cool at least 10 minutes before eating
- We recommend serving with bacon ranch dressing on a tray with traditional wings, carrots and celery sticks! Serve and enjoy!
Please follow and like us: