Celebrate the holiday by treating yourself with these cheesy and delicious Grilled Crab Melts. After you try them, you’ll be wishing it was National Crab Day more often!
Prep: 15 mins
- 6 English muffins, cut in half
- 10 ounces crab meat, fresh or canned
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup thousand island dressing
- 1-2 tomatoes, sliced thin
- Aluminum foil
- Light Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal in a charcoal chimney and let burn for 10-15 minutes
- Spread hot coals over one side of grill and preheat grill for approximately 10 minutes
- Once grill is ready, place plain sliced English muffins on grill. Grill for about 1-2 minutes, flipping once until they begin to brown. Remove from grill
- Assemble crab melts: spread a spoonful of thousand island dressing on the base of the English muffin. Place tomato on top, then a small pile of crab meat. Sprinkle a few pinches of cheese to cover crab meat. Now they are ready for the grill
- Using aluminum foil, create a tray for crab melts to sit on top of grill by folding up the edges on a large piece folded in half. This is to prevent cheese melting into your grill
- Place foil tray on grill and place crab melts on top. Grill until cheese is evenly melted and they are warm throughout, about 5 minutes. Remove from grill and let cool
- Serve crab melts and enjoy!