A delicious grilled version of eggs benedict.
Add smoky flavor to your breakfast with Cowboy’s grilled version of eggs benedict including grilled asparagus wrapped in bacon.
Yields: 4 servings
Cook: 35 minutes
Prep: 25 minutes
• 16 slices of bacon
• 16 thin spears of asparagus, trimmed to about 5” to 6” long
• 8 slices French bread
• 2 large egg yolks
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 2 tablespoons Cowboy® Brand Smokehouse BBQ sauce
• 1/2 teaspoon powdered mustard
• 1/2 teaspoon cumin
• 2 teaspoon salt
• 2 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 8 large eggs
• 8 ounces cream cheese
• Light Cowboy® Hardwood Lump Charcoal in charcoal chimney and let burn for 10-15 minutes
• Spread hot coals over grilling area and preheat grill for approximately 10 minutes
• Wrap one slice of bacon around each asparagus spear
• Transfer bacon wrapped asparagus into a pie tin and place on grill over direct heat
• Cook for 10-15 minutes, flipping once
• Remove bacon wrapped asparagus from grill and set aside for later use
• For Hollandaise sauce, add egg yolks and lemon juice to blender
• Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat and add to blender
• Add the BBQ sauce, mustard, and cumin to the blender and mix for 30 seconds
• Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste
• Fill medium size saucepan with 2” of water and bring to a boil over high heat
• Add salt to water and reduce heat to medium
• Crack eggs and carefully add to water, letting them sit for 3 to 4 minutes or until poached
• While eggs cook, place slices of bread on the grill over direct heat and cook for one minute, flipping once
• Remove from grill and spread each slice with cream cheese
• To serve, top each slice of bread with two pieces of grilled asparagus, one egg and drizzle with Hollandaise
• Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!
Cowboy All Natural Range Style Hardwood Briquets provide long-lasting, even heat while adding the authentic, smoky flavor of hardwood. They are all natural – no fillers, chemicals, or additives. Other standard briquets contain “coal and chemical” ingredients, as well as fillers like limestone. Discover the natural difference of Cowboy All Natural Hardwood Briquets!
Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal lights quickly and burns long. It’s a favorite for barbecue fans because of the authentic smoky flavor it gives to your meals.
Cowboy smoking chips add a delicate, smoky flavor to your grilled foods. The cups contain pre-measured chips that burn more quickly than chunks, so they’re perfect for shorter barbecue cook times.