Add smoky flavor and color to your caprese with smoked eggplant.
A special grilled twist on the caprese dish.
• 1 eggplant
• 1 8-ounce mozzarella ball
• 2 tomatoes
• 1/4 cup basil, whole fresh leaves
• 1 tablespoon kosher salt
• Extra-virgin olive oil
• Balsamic vinegar
• Ground pepper
• Cut eggplant horizontally into 1/4 inch rounds.
• Toss sliced eggplant with kosher salt and let sit for 30 minutes to remove excess moisture.
• Wipe eggplant dry with paper towels and brush both sides of the slices lightly with olive oil.
• Place your eggplant on the grill and cook approximately 4 to 5 minutes per side, until golden brown.
• Cut tomatoes and mozzarella in 1/4 inch round slices.
• Place one slice of eggplant on a plate and stack with one tomato slice, one mozzarella slice and 1 to 2 basil leaves.
• Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and season with pepper. Arrange to fill serving dish, or stack to create a Grilled Eggplant Caprese tower!
Cowboy All Natural Range Style Hardwood Briquets provide long-lasting, even heat while adding the authentic, smoky flavor of hardwood. They are all natural – no fillers, chemicals, or additives. Other standard briquets contain “coal and chemical” ingredients, as well as fillers like limestone. Discover the natural difference of Cowboy All Natural Hardwood Briquets!
Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal lights quickly and burns long. It’s a favorite for barbecue fans because of the authentic smoky flavor it gives to your meals.