Enjoy the combination of sweet and sour flavors in this grilled pumpkin.
This recipe works great for any winter squash.
• 1 pound sugar pumpkin
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 clove of garlic, finely sliced
• 3 tablespoons red or white vinegar
• 2 tablespoons of honey
• Pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 2 tablespoons chopped mint or basil
• Prepare grill with Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal
• Slice pumpkin in half vertically and clean out the inside
• Cut into 1/4 inch slices
• Whisk together olive oil, garlic, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper in a medium bowl
• Add pumpkin slices to mixture and toss well to coat
• Season with salt and pepper
• Place over grill and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side or until grill marks appear
• Sprinkle with mint or basil
• Serve warm and enjoy!
Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal lights quickly and burns long. It’s a favorite for barbecue fans because of the authentic smoky flavor it gives to your meals.
Cowboy All Natural Range Style Hardwood Briquets provide long-lasting, even heat while adding the authentic, smoky flavor of hardwood. They are all natural – no fillers, chemicals, or additives. Other standard briquets contain “coal and chemical” ingredients, as well as fillers like limestone. Discover the natural difference of Cowboy All Natural Hardwood Briquets!
Cowboy® Range Style blends oak, hickory and apple woods add a unique, smoky flavor to your grilled foods. Chips burn more quickly than chunks, so they’re perfect for shorter barbecue cook times. These chips work great with gas or charcoal grills and smokers.