The perfect grab-and-go gameday grub, which can double up as the ideal sandwich spread!
Combine two crowd favorites to create the perfect grab-and-go gameday grub with Cowboy’s Grilled Spinach Artichoke Dip, which can double up as the ideal sandwich spread. The warm and cheesy dip pairs perfectly with tortilla chips or paired with bacon for a melty, cheesy sandwich. Bring this along to your next game day tailgate!
• 1/4 pound fresh spinach, chopped
• 1 14-ounce can of quartered artichoke hearts in water
• 1 cup shredded mozzarella
• 2 tablespoons Parmesan, grated
• 1 cup onion, chopped
• 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• Cracked pepper to taste
• 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
• Tortilla chips
• Light Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal in a charcoal chimney and let burn for 10-15 minutes
• Spread hot coals over grilling area and preheat grill for approximately 10 minutes
• Drain the artichoke hearts and chop into smaller pieces, approximately 1/4 inch each
• Place medium skillet on grill over indirect heat and add 4 tablespoons of butter
• Once butter has melted, add the onion, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir regularly for about 5-7 minutes until onion is soft and golden brown
• Add in artichoke hearts and cook for two minutes, stirring regularly
• Add in half of spinach and cook until wilted, about two minutes. Repeat with other half until spinach is tender. Remove from heat
• Place a strainer in the sink, and pour the spinach-artichoke mix into it to allow excess fluid to drain
• In the skillet, combine the three cheeses and fold in the warm spinach-artichoke mixture until the cheese is fully melted
• Place cast iron skillet on grill over indirect heat and cover, allowing to cook for 20 minutes.
• Once dip is heated through, remove from grill
• Serve with chips and enjoy!
Cowboy All Natural Range Style Hardwood Briquets provide long-lasting, even heat while adding the authentic, smoky flavor of hardwood. They are all natural – no fillers, chemicals, or additives. Other standard briquets contain “coal and chemical” ingredients, as well as fillers like limestone. Discover the natural difference of Cowboy All Natural Hardwood Briquets!
Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal lights quickly and burns long. It’s a favorite for barbecue fans because of the authentic smoky flavor it gives to your meals.