Add some smoke to the grill tonight with this recipe for Lemon Garlic Salmon from Derek Wolf with Over the Fire Cooking. This campfire favorite is seared over a cast iron skillet and is easily paired with the freshness of lemon and garlic.
Check out The Roundup for other recipes prepared by Derek Wolf and let us know your favorites in the comments below!
Grilled Lemon Garlic Salmon
Yields: 2 servings
Cook: 10 minutes
Prep: 25 minutes
• 2 6-ounce fresh salmon filets, skin still on
• 1 lemon, quartered
• 1 tablespoon garlic salt
• 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
• 1/4 cup butter
• Light Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal in charcoal chimney and let burn for 10-15 minutes
• Spread hot coals over grilling area and place cast iron pan on grill grates, preheating grill for approximately 10 minutes
• On a plate, coat salmon flesh side with garlic salt and squeeze two quarters of lemon on top, letting salmon sit for 5 minutes before cooking
• Once skillet is hot, place butter in pan and let melt
• Place salmon skin side down into skillet for 6-8 minutes
• Flip salmon on to flesh side and cook for 2-3 minutes
• Flip salmon back to skin side down and squeeze two lemon quarters on top
• Remove from the grill and allow to cool for several minutes
• Top with fresh parsley
• Serve and enjoy!
Please follow and like us: