Spice Up Game Day with the Macho Mary Cocktail Bar
Create-your-own smoky “Bloody” with vegetable garnishes grilled over natural lump charcoal
Brentwood, Tenn. (January, 2014) – Cowboy Charcoal spices up the traditional Bloody Mary – just in time for the year’s biggest football game – with the Macho Mary Cocktail Bar.
Before game time, mix the base, grab the vodka and grill up garnishes using natural lump charcoal, then encourage your guests to get creative. The result is a smoky “Bloody” with delicious toppings that will be a game day highlight. You can perfectly pair the Macho Mary with these Cowboy Charcoal recipes: herb stuffed loin of pork, seared pineapple halibut or barbecue spare ribs.
Macho Mary Cocktail
- 5-8 ripe tomatoes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Olive Oil
- 2 tsp olive brine
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp mild – medium hot sauce
- For best results, complete the base at least two hours before serving or the night before to allow flavors to combine and mixture to chill thoroughly.
- First, core the tomatoes and slice in half. Lightly season the flesh side of the halves with salt and pepper and brush with olive oil. Place seasoned side down on a hot grill until charred (about 2-to-3 minutes). For an authentic, smoky flavor, use Cowboy 100 percent Natural Hardwood Lump Charcoal in your grill. Once tomatoes are cooked, set aside to cool for 1 minute.
- Once cool, place tomatoes and above listed ingredients in a large blender and blend until smooth. Blending may need to occur in batches. Once blended, pour the mixture into covered containers and refrigerate until ready to serve. For a sweeter version, roast fresh strawberries on the grill and add to blended mixture.
Macho Mary Cocktail Bar
- Grilled vegetables, including asparagus and pearl onions
- Grilled or chilled shrimp
- Cocktail base
- Cooked bacon
- Green olives
- Hot sauce
- Jerky sticks
- Lemon and lime wedges
- Pickle spears
- Vodka infused with pepper or bacon
Bar set-up directions
- When setting up the Macho Mary bar, get creative with the display and consider maneuverability for a crowd. Cowboy offers additional suggestions for a first class cocktail bar
- Separate garnishes and toppings into dishes, bowls and glasses of varying shapes, sizes and colors, and arrange on a long table.
- Provide skewers for extra topping stacking.
- Add small dishes filled with salt for rimming glasses
- Serve in beer mugs, mason jars or wine glasses.
About Cowboy Charcoal
Cowboy Charcoal Company is the best known brand of natural hardwood lump charcoal. Cowboy’s premium products guarantee an authentic wood flavor and tender, juicy results with every grilling experience. Now a subsidiary of Duraflame, Inc., Cowboy Charcoal is introducing new grilling products to help fuel the passion for barbecue and grilling enthusiasts around the country. www.cowboycharcoal.com