What better way to say ‘I love you’ than preparing a mouthwatering meal on the grill? No need to make a fancy Valentine’s dinner reservation when you can make a romantic meal at home. Today we are grilling up a decadent dessert which is the perfect way to finish off the day of love. These Chocolate Cherry Ricotta Grilled Mini Pizzas by our Fire & Ice competitor Theresa Bell are a great alternative to your typical dessert and are sure to impress your valentine. Happy Valentine’s Day from Cowboy Charcoal!
Chocolate Cherry Ricotta Grilled Mini Pizzas
Yield: 8 small pizzas
Prep: 3 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 10 ounces Ricotta Cheese
- Vanilla or Almond extract-a few drops
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup cherries pitted (fresh or canned)
- 3 ounces chopped nuts of your choice- almonds, pistachios, walnuts, pecans, etc.
- Cooking spray
- (Option) Melted chocolate for drizzling
- (Option) Fresh mint leaves
- Before heating the grill spray grates with cooking spray or brush with olive oil
- Light Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal in a charcoal chimney and let burn for 10-15 minutes
- Spread hot coals over grilling area and preheat grill for approximately 10 minutes
- Mix ricotta with sweetener of your choice (sugar, honey, maple syrup, stevia) and extract of your choice. Theresa suggests almond extract.
- Have cherries, chocolate and nuts set aside in separate bowls. Flatten dough into ¼ inch thick discs. Lightly spray each side of dough with cooking spray. Have all ingredients in easy reach of your grill.
- Grill pizza dough for about 2 minutes on each side with the grill open. Remove from grill, reduce heat to medium. Top each pizza with ricotta, cherries, chocolate chunks and nuts. Put pizzas back on grill, close lid and cook for about 2-3 minutes or until chocolate is melted.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate, mint (chopped or leaves) and any other toppings you like- sauces, ice cream etc. Serve warm and enjoy!
Please follow and like us: