Have you ever cooked on a wood plank? If the answer is no, then you are in for a treat! Check out this delicious recipe for Wood Plank Lobster Tails by Derek Wolf from Over the Fire Cooking.
This recipe only takes 20-30 minutes from start to finish. The garlic butter that is put on the tails is easy to make and calls for simple ingredients. So get that grill ready because these lobster tails will rock your world.
Wood Plank Lobster Tails
Yields: 2 servings
Cook: 10-15 minutes
Prep: 20 minutes
Equipment needed: Enclosed grill, Cowboy Charcoal, Western Wood Planks, Cowboy Cherry Wood Chips, tongs, shears, and a cutting board
- 2 lobster tails
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, halved
- Optional: bundle of asparagus
- First, soak the Western Wood Plank in water for 1 hour
- Second, you will need to butterfly the lobster tail. Once that is finished, melt the butter, onion powder, sea salt, and garlic cloves in a bowl and spread over the lobster meat. Finally, squeeze one half of the lemon on top for added flavor.
- Use some Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal to light fire and let burn for 10-15 minutes. Once charcoal is white hot, push to one side of the grill for indirect grilling. Place a handful of Cowboy Cherry Wood Chips on the fire for added flavor!
- Place the lobster tails and veggies on the soaked wood plank and place on the grill for 10-12 minutes. Cook until the lobster meat is completely white
- Take the lobsters off the grill and let cool.
- Serve and enjoy!
Please follow and like us: