Topped with jalapenos, gooey Havarti cheese, and our own Cowboy Smokehouse BBQ Sauce, this burger creates a one-of-a-kind flavor explosion
This BBQ Bison burger by Derek Wolf from Over the Fire Cooking, is about to knock your Cowboy boots off.
Yields: 2-4 servings
Cook: 15 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
• 1 pound of ground bison
• Sliced Havarti cheese
• 2 fresh jalapenos
• Brioche hamburger buns
• 1/2 tablespoon of chili powder
• 1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• Cowboy Hickory BBQ Sauce
• (Optional): Fresh cut white onions
• Light the Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal in a charcoal chimney or mound inside your grill and let burn for 10-15 minutes. (Optional) Add 3-4 small pieces of hickory wood to the top of the charcoal for added flavor!
• Split the 1 pound of ground bison in half and form into patties
• Season the burgers with chili powder, garlic powder, salt & pepper
• When fire is at a nice medium to medium high heat, place bison patties and jalapenos on grill grate. Let both the bison and jalapenos cook for 4-5 minutes per side
• Place Havarti cheese on top of bison burgers about 2 minutes before they are done
• When done, pull burgers & jalapenos off. Make sure to slice jalapenos
• Place burgers on bun with jalapenos on top, then drizzle on some Cowboy Smokehouse BBQ Sauce
• Serve and enjoy!
Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal lights quickly and burns long. It’s a favorite for barbecue fans because of the authentic smoky flavor it gives to your meals.
Cowboy All Natural Range Style Hardwood Briquets provide long-lasting, even heat while adding the authentic, smoky flavor of hardwood. They are all natural – no fillers, chemicals, or additives. Other standard briquets contain “coal and chemical” ingredients, as well as fillers like limestone. Discover the natural difference of Cowboy All Natural Hardwood Briquets!
Cowboy® 100% All Natural Hickory Wood Chips add a smoky flavor to your grilled foods. The hearty aroma and full flavor of hickory wood gives meat an unmistakable woodsy taste. This flavor goes well with any meat, but pairs particularly well with beef, pork and chicken. Like all Cowboy® Wood Chips, these hickory wood chips burn more quickly than chunks, making them perfect for shorter cook times.