Get your steak "dirty" by grilling directly on a bed of hot coals. The flavor will suprise you!
This simple yet delicious style of cooking only requires two ingredients: a big juicy steak and a hot bed of coals. So take that grill grate off and get your fire going because it’s time to make some dirty steak!
Yields: 4 servings
Cook: 7-10 minutes
Prep: 5 minutes
Dirty Steak Ingredients:
• 2 Ribeye Steaks at room temperature (about 8-10 oz each)
• 1/4 cup kosher salt
• 1/4 cup fresh black pepper
• 1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon (optional)
• Light Cowboy® Hardwood Lump Charcoal in charcoal chimney and let burn for 10-15 minutes
• Spread hot coals over grilling area and preheat grill for approximately 10 minutes
• While preheating the coals, liberally season the steaks with salt and pepper on both sides. If you want to be more adventurous, season with cinnamon to create smoky & sweet flavor.
• Once coals are covered in white ash, use tongs to place steaks on top of the coals.
• For Rare (125F): Let the steaks cook for 3 minutes the first side, and then flip to the other side for another 2 minutes
• For Medium Rare (135F): Let the steaks cook for 3 minutes the first side, and then flip to the other side for another 3 minutes
• For Medium (140F): Let the steaks cook for 4 minutes the first side, and then flip to the other side for another 3 minutes
• Take steaks off the coals, brush off any ash, and let rest for 2 minutes
Perfectly sized, premium all natural cooking wood, available in hickory and oak, for pit or barrel-style cookers, offset smokers, pizza ovens, fire pits, and campfires.
Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal lights quickly and burns long. It’s a favorite for barbecue fans because of the authentic smoky flavor it gives to your meals.